internetworkers - RE: Bluetooth-enabled phones

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Bluetooth-enabled phones
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:05:55 -0400

on Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:53:46AM -0400, pawelka wrote:
> This is quite timely for me, as I have been looking at PDA/phone
> hybrids lately. Bill, which one do you have, and what do you
> particularly like or dislike about it? A co-worker has a Treo and
> absolutely loves it. Anyone else?

Kyocera smartphone 6035 - love it. In one fell swoop, reduced the size
of the package of crud I have to carry around by one half or more; gave
me an excuse to actually update my outdated Palm address book; does caller
ID based on address book entries, which is cool; lasts forever without a
recharge; screen res isn't bad, though I wish there were a better SSH
client than TopGun. And, if all of the rebates go through, it cost me $20.