internetworkers - Financial Software (was Re: Linux, AOL/TimeWarner, and the future of computing )

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <labrown AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Financial Software (was Re: Linux, AOL/TimeWarner, and the future of computing )
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:12:22 -0500

You write:

> Lance A. Brown wrote:
>>
>> Intuit doesn't have my check register and budgeting data. :-) That
>> data is sitting on my hard drive. In fact, I'm still using Quicken
>> version 8.0 for DOS via xdosemu. Works just fine for what I need and
>> no worries about what some schmuck company is going to do with my
>> financial information.

> I'm glad you're happy with it. I took my Quicken box and smashed it in
> front
> of CompUSA.

It gets the job done and keeps me from bouncing checks, so I'm happy.
I've never touched ANY version of Quicken for Windows and am currently
looking for a native linux solution for my bookkeeping. Gnucash seems
a likely candidate, but I'm somewhat loathe to do the work of starting
over in another financial program so inertia keeps me using Quicken.

--[Lance]

  • Financial Software (was Re: Linux, AOL/TimeWarner, and the future of computing ), Lance A. Brown, 03/29/2002