internetworkers - Re: Linux, AOL/TimeWarner, and the future of computing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <labrown AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Linux, AOL/TimeWarner, and the future of computing
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:29:52 -0500

You write:

> Lance A. Brown wrote:
>> That seems like an AWEFUL lot of intensely private information to
>> trust to Yahoo... I'd worry...
>>

> Everything's a risk-- I have a deep seated mistrust of Intuit, for
> example :-)

Intuit doesn't have my check register and budgeting data. :-) That
data is sitting on my hard drive. In fact, I'm still using Quicken
version 8.0 for DOS via xdosemu. Works just fine for what I need and
no worries about what some schmuck company is going to do with my
financial information.

--[Lance]