internetworkers - something for you politicos...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: something for you politicos...
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:47:10 -0800 (PST)

if you don't think "gays" should be able to "marry", then hit "delete" now.

i just got this as a forward, and after checking it out briefly, it doesn't
even
appear to be a scam or a hoax. final decision is up to you, of course.

---
Subject: Gay Marriage Ban now in congress
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:57:42 -0500

There is a Constitutional Amendment being proposed that will ultimately ban
homosexual marriages/civil unions and possibly domestic partner benefits in
the future. It is being pushed through Congress quickly so as to make as
little noise as possible. There's so much else in the news right now, that
the
amendment is not being noticed.

This petition is being organized by a second party -- it's NOT an "add your
name
to the bottom and forward" kind of thing. Go to the site itself in order to
sign
the petition.

Please pass this along to your friends and family, and to our straight
allies.
By doing so, we can convey the message that the Constitution is about human
rights, not just "religious rights." PLEASE READ, SIGN, AND FORWARD ON...

http://www.petitiononline.com/0712t001/petition.html
---

google produces a variety of links, such as:
"Oppose Writing Intolerance into the U.S. Constitution!"
http://www.aclu.org/action/marriage107.html
-or-
"Feminists Decry Federal Marriage Amendment" (i *love* Patricia Ireland!)
http://www.now.org/press/04-01/07-12.html
-or-
Alliance for Marriage - (let the psychos speak, too)
http://www.allianceformarriage.org/reports/fma/amendment.htm

if you're interested in what i had to say, my "signature" is #296633.
drm
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t