internetworkers - Jan. 3 Raleigh Gathering!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: inet-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • Subject: Jan. 3 Raleigh Gathering!
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:05:48 -0500

Hi,

Enjoy the end of the holidays and the beginning of '02 this
Thursday with fellow Internetworkers at the Flying Saucer
in Raleigh!

RSVP: Not required, but helps. RSVP to mdthomas AT mindspring.com
Who: Triangle Internetworkers
When: Thursday, January 3rd, 2002, 7:00 p.m.
Why: Time for some crystal ball gazing about the coming year
Where: The Flying Saucer
328 Morgan Street
Raleigh, NC 27601

Here is the citysearch page for the Flying Saucer, including a map:
http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/11356447/

Here's a synopsis on how to get there:

The Flying Saucer is one block south from the cylindrical
Clairon Inn (formerly Holiday Inn) in downtown Raleigh. It
is on Morgan Street, which is parallel to Hillsborough Street
and is one way to the east. The cross street is Harrington
Street.

From Chapel Hill/Durham and points west:

Take I-40 East and then the Wade Avenue exit. Wade Avenue
terminates in to Capital Blvd. Follow the Capital Blvd
directions below.

From points east of Raleigh:

Take I-40 West to I-440 Outer Beltline. Take the Captial
Blvd south exit and follow the directions below.

From North Raleigh:

Take Glenwood Avenue south until it terminates into W.
Morgan Street. Turn left. The flying saucer will be
at the interesection of W. Morgan St. and Harrington.
Alternatively, take Capital Blvd south and follow
the Capital Blvd directions below.

From Cary and south Raleigh:

Get on the I-440 Inner Beltline and take the Hillsborough
St. exit towards N.C. State and downtown. Follow
the directions from Hillsborough Street below. (If you are
coming from the south east of Raleigh, these aren't the best
directions. Contact me if you need help.)

From Capital Blvd:

Take Capital Blvd south. It will change to N. Dawson St.
Drive through the interesection with W. Morgan St (at that
point it is one way going the wrong way) and turn right
at the next interesection, Hargett St. Go on block and
turn right on Harrington St. The Flying Saucer is at the
next corner.

From Hillsborough Street:

Take Hillsborough Street east towards downtown. Turn right
on to Harrington St. The Flying Saucer is on the next corner.

  • Jan. 3 Raleigh Gathering!, mdthomas, 12/28/2001