internetworkers - Re: Sending email via RR when away from home

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Morris <scmorris AT ifndef.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sending email via RR when away from home
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:47:09 -0600 (CST)

> It seems to me that recently, someone explained how this might be achieved
> -
> without necessarily setting up our own POP3 server. As I travel all the
> time, I'd really love to be able to send and respond to emails using my
> RoadRunner account when I'm not actually connected to RoadRunner. Can
> anyone
> enlighten me how this may be done?

you can pop you mail from roadrunner at will, pop-server.nc.rr.com same as
you would at home. sending mail is the problem. 99% sure RR won't allow
you to relay mail through thier smtp server. the easist thing to do would
be to use whatever mail server your away-from-home provider has and set
your reply-to as your roadrunner mail server.

just a thought...

--
Scott Morris
scmorris AT ifndef.com