internetworkers - Re: picnic a success!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: picnic a success!
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:39:16 -0400

on Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 12:27:20AM -0400, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> I just want to thank Michael Thomas and Joe Komenda and all the folks
> who brought food and toys or even just themselves to the Geek-nic last
> Sunday. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful time. Thanks, too, to
> the sponsors of the event, hesketh.com, FullSeven and Komejo.com.
>
> As for myself, I ate too many hotdogs and hamburgers, had a chance to
> talk with folks I don't get to see much, and really enjoyed being
> outdoors for a while.

Glad to hear the geeknic went well. I would have come but was still
recovering from our mad dash from Maine to Raleigh (nineteen hours in
a rented car, listening to NPR and CBC and BBC and C-Span, figuring we
were witnessing the end of the world, or something like it). This on
the heels of almost a month out of town, two transcontinental flights,
several flights into Boston, a recent death in the family, and various
other factors that made me, at least, a bit nervous and feeling lucky
to be alive.

So, we did what any embattled and saddened homeowners would do in
similar situation: we bought an edger and mowed and edged the front
lawn. The grass was at least a foot tall near the sidewalk, and the
crabgrass had taken advantage of our absence as well. I'm happy to
report that I'm feeling better, if still mentally and physically
exhausted, and hope that all of you are well, too.

Steve,
almost thoroughly domesticated