internetworkers - Re: They can't see why they are hated

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: They can't see why they are hated
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:02:05 -0400

I read this and a number of articles at http://fpif.org/ as suggested by
Christian. There are some compelling arguments there. But then I started to
wonder about the other side of the story, there is always another side to
each story. I started to do some research on Israel, how it came about, what
it is doing in the middle of all of these Arab Islamic states, the peace
process, etc. What I found was interesting, this is just a small sampling
from the other side of the story:

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/index.html

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/meaning.html

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/arabia.html

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/history/israel.html

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Judaism/jewhist1.html

An and on, and on, and, on........

There are some compelling arguments here also.

I plan to look at this from the Islamic point of view also as soon as I have
some time.

Why is it that we as Americans are always so ready to put on the hair shirt
of guilt? Why didn't we look at this from the point of view of Israel? Even
when we are being unjustly attacked we rush to take responsibility to
justify the acts of the criminally insane as being the results of our sins.

I know that my views are not that popular on this list, but I am trying to
figure out what happened this week and I can only do that by raising
questions as they occur to me. Hopefully I can learn something and become a
better person in the process. That's about the best I can hope for.

Robert