internetworkers - Re: rebuild? yes/no

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Medical Illustration <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: rebuild? yes/no
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:35:04 -0400

Depends on how it's pitched. Think of all the large companies in desperate
need of good PR these days. If building the building/renting space is
somehow publicly equated to patriotism vis-à-vis in essence "flipping the
bird" to the type of people who would want to bring us down, then I can

imagine many companies wanting to pay/rent space, as well as many people who
would want to work there. It would be wonderful PR, and probably result in
several million dollars worth of free advertising. You can't buy face value
like that if the public took that as the meaning.

Sorry if the above sounds cold hearted, but I studied advertising as a
major, and that's how I would pitch renting space to companies.

Drew