internetworkers - Re: pentagon attack joins WTC attack

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Newby <gbnewby AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pentagon attack joins WTC attack
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:36:16 -0400

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:22:02AM -0400, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney
wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:11:00AM -0400, Beth Ellison spoke thusly:
> > sorry--any further info on interstate highways closing?

> if the highways are aall closed, that's a violation of the interstate
> commerce rights, and interstate travel rights. That can be fought in
> court, if you can image bringing suit right now.

Someone can correct my history if necessary:

President Eisenhower, then Truman, built the highway system
mainly because Patton got back from WWII and realized that
part of the reason they Germans kicked ass was their good
road system.

The US highway system is properly called something like
"the US defense highway system."
-- Greg