internetworkers - Re: fall reading

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fall reading
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:29:58 -0400

Hey, speaking of books, has anyone seen/read a *real* science fiction
novel written within the past year or so that's worth recommending? With
so many of the old generation of most excellent SF writers dead or no
longer writing, I've noticed that there are maybe two or three young(er)
writers producing novels every two or three or <ugh> more years -- not
nearly enough for my escapist reading habit! I'm not particularly
interested in fantasy, "real life" stories, pop fiction, blah, blah --
but I just love a good SF book.

"Welna.Sarah" wrote:

> - to follow up on the original request for summer reading suggestions
> -
>
> I'm about to finish reading a book that I started reading at the
> Museum shop at the Grand Canyons - Sunk
> Without A Sound: The Tragic Colorado River Honeymoon of Glen and
> Bessie Hyde - and it just happens to be a story on NPR (this morning
> and tomorrow morning)...for more info see:
> http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2001/aug/grandcanyon/0108
> 23.grandcanyon.html
>
> Sarah
>
> > mdthomas AT mindspring.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I've got some time off coming up. I was wondering if anyone
> > > could recommend some good current fiction. Anyone read
> > > anything recently that really turned them on?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: beeline AT mindspring.com

"B"ing mobile
"If you get to thinkin' you're
a person of some influence, try
orderin' somebody else's dog around."