internetworkers - Re: Microsoft Hotmail victim of Code Red worm

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Hotmail victim of Code Red worm
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:48:31 -0400

on Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 01:28:12PM -0400, Paul Jones wrote:
> Who has the most exotic Sircam messages? I've gotten them from every
> continent except .aq (still waiting on that one). Within 24 hours, I got
> sircam messages from .in .kr .de .es .fr .uk .cl .br .ca .mx and of course
> .com and .edu but the most exotic was from .ga (hint it was in french).

My favorite SirCam msg:

Here you go. Courtesy '/usr/bin/strings' and some nameless AOL user.
I haven't restored the "smart quotes", which is what caused the odd
line breaks, because I sort of like the effect ;)

--- c u t - h e r e --- >8 ---
5/7/2001
I was looking at you and thought how different we are. We
re extreme in colors; we look at things in different direction. I won
t make you happy, really ~ You need those introverted type; I
m not those Virgo, Pisces, Capricom type they make you happy; you won
t have problem with them; I would only piss you off. Look at the picture,
look
at me, how different we are ~ I wonder if you would still have feeling for
me w
ithout that
I brought in the very first day? If I wasn
t that silly to bring in the
, maybe there
s nothing happened at all ~
There
s a saying said that you
d in loved with someone you love, and you
d married someone you can get along with; the one you love the most is the
one y
ou hurt the most ~ if that is the case ~ looking at you passed by, I
realized
there
re not much we can do, there
re all these limitation. I
m chicken because there
s this
thing; you can
t do much either because of the
lamp
(yeah, I was sad when I saw the title the other day; but it had nothing to
do w
ith you, so, don
t feel bad about it ~ it
s just a fact). You know, I would understand, really. It
s just a fact ~ But, for whatever it
d happened, you can be sure my heart is always with you. I love you and I
like
to see you happy; a guy with an extremely good looking smile in my life ~
how s
ad that I don
t have the miracle ~
-- maybe the one love you the most in your life
always let me know you
re doing good; I know you
ll find ways ~
5/7/2001