internetworkers - RE: internetworkers digest: July 21, 2001

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <drua AT fullseven.com>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: internetworkers digest: July 21, 2001
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:03:42 -0400

If I was murdered, or my family, I would want authorities to have access to
that information to pursue answers. From a societal viewpoint, I would want
the information used to prevent the culprit from killing again. Trying to
take the ultimate mass-comm medium and force it into a paradigm of privacy as
tight as face-to-face dialogue is something I'm not holding my breath for.

I see viewing Chandra's web visits as minor compared to doing an autopsy on a
murder victim. If the authorities can poke their fingers around me guts, and
run me fluids through analysis, then website visits of a murder victim are
hardly shocking revelations to incorporate into my daily behavior.