internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Triangle Sports Social Club Kickoff Party/Tournament!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Triangle Sports Social Club Kickoff Party/Tournament!
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:40:59 -0400 (EDT)

This is the type of organization/club we would like to host on
RTPnet.org!!!

Our membership fee is only $50 per year. We have good, volunteer,
sys-admins. We provide domain name services, e-mail lists, and web-based
forums (using phorum), wthout ads. See
http://www.rtpnet.org/rtpnet/policies.shtml#members for membership info.

Our membership fees are going toward support for Triangle area community
technology centers (http://www.rtpnet.org/tact/). We are currently paying
more than $2,000 each for two Americorps*VISTAs
(http://www.rtpnet.org/rtpnet/vista.shtml). We are interviewing two more
but don't have the $2-3,000 a piece yet to hire them. They will start
August 27 if we find the money.

One VISTA is working in a community of 200 homes in Durham. During
1995-1996, seven young adults of that community died violent deaths.

The other is working with Jerry Winegarden, OIT Duke, providing technical
support for a large number of centers (about 20) in Orange, Durham, and
Wake counties, and she's helping some schools in the area.

If you hear of clubs, professional organizations, churches, or other
nonprofits what want hosting services, please send them to us.

We also take checks, money orders, useful computers, volunteer time, etc.,
etc.

See our home page for more info -- http://www.rtpnet.org/

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)