internetworkers - Re: quality of life

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria Winslow <maria.winslow AT dexxtra.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: quality of life
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:50:32 -0400

From the thread yesterday... Keep in mind that break-ins are much more common
out in the
country when no one is home during the day, since you don't have neighbors
who can see
anything suspicious. I used to live on 20 acres west of Chapel Hill and came
back from a
vacation to be cleaned out of stuff. Someone pulled around to the back of the
house, hidden
from the road. I would recommend a security system if you don't have a
concentration of
people at home during the day who can see your house.

But we just recently moved to Southern Village in Chapel Hill, and we love
it. We can walk
to the movies and a nice cafe, and Weaver Street Market is opening a place
late this fall.
They are building some urban-style condos on the main street, 1-3 bedroom,
and they look
nice. There are also very cute townhouses as well as regular houses. This is
a great place
if you have kids. I will be happy to give anyone a tour...

Maria