internetworkers - Fwd: [[TriLUG-Announce] Everyone Loves Networks!]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: "LUG@NCSU" <lug AT lists.ncsu.edu>, DULUG <dulug AT dulug.duke.edu>, InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Fwd: [[TriLUG-Announce] Everyone Loves Networks!]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:03:41 -0400

Apologies to anyone getting this more than once.

----- Forwarded message from Mike Johnson <mike AT enoch.org> -----

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:51:35 -0400
From: Mike Johnson <mike AT enoch.org>
To: trilug-announce AT trilug.org
Subject: [TriLUG-Announce] Everyone Loves Networks!

So, we have a meeting tomorrow. Pretty exciting in and of itself,
don't you think? We'll have plenty of folk, plenty of free pizza
(thanks to StayOnline!), what else does one need?

A presentation.

Oh, yeah. We'll have one of those, too. Details?

Oh, okay. Chris Knowles will be giving a little fireside chat
about networking. This is, basicly, a networking with Linux
101 talk. Chris will tell us why we want to upgrade our
trusty sneaker-net to something a little more modern. He'll
also talk us through the basics of the neccesary hardware, as
well as setting up the software. And when he's done, you'll
have everything you need to build a basic network. If all goes
well, there will be an extra added bonus of a demonstration
of a working network! Rumor has it that he may even talk about
modems. Ewwww.

So, show up at 7:00 at Dreyfus (http://www.trilug.org/directions.html)
on Thursday, July 12 for free pizza and information (remember,
you get what you pay for!).

Mike
--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried -- unknown

----- End forwarded message -----

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- New email : alchemist AT darkcanvas.com --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --

  • Fwd: [[TriLUG-Announce] Everyone Loves Networks!], Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney, 07/11/2001