internetworkers - RE: USENET search & report?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: jcuthrell AT ixl.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: USENET search & report?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:33:19 -0400

You could write the folks that made this and tell them what you want:

http://www.etin.com/?menu=search&menuItem=news

They might be scrappy enough to respond back to you. ;)

Also, if you can construct the advanced search on groups.google.com you
might have some options.
This could be done with a shell account that makes crontab available. Try
running 'lynx -dump http://whatever' or 'wget -q http://whatever' once a
week with the output sent to your email address.

Test with this to get the format you want:
$ lynx -dump
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=load%20testing\&as_drrb=q\&as_qdr=w\&;
num=100

the -dump option does text formatting
ap_epq is the exact phrase to search for
as_qdr is the duration i.e. w is week
num is the number of search items to return (up to 100 it appears)

Alternately, you could make these completed search URLs the output of a
weekly search on a free search agent service like spyonit.com.

HTH,
Jay