internetworkers - Re: Newcomer ventures out...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Newcomer ventures out...
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:05:04 -0400

Amy welcome to North Carolina. I wish you well in your new
surroundings. We are always happy to share our heat and humidity with
newcomers. You will find this group quite friendly virtually as well as
in person.
We just got back from Wrightsville Beach and the water is still a
little chilly. Of course, all I would do is put my feet in anyway, but
it was still cold. My lily white geek skin continues to be pure since
Nileen bought some SPF2k (or something) to put on.
I didn't boot up the laptop all weekend, so that must prove that I was
actually relaxing. We had 12-15 family members from age 70+ to 0+ in a
beach house after a niece graduated from UNC-W. Everyone brought snack
crackers and chocholate since we didn't plan out the menu very well. It
obviously worked out very well.
It was a fun weekend and I recommend it. Roger (in RTP)