internetworkers - Newcomer ventures out...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Amy Buehrle, RD" <amy AT prohealthconnection.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Newcomer ventures out...
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:47:20 -0400

Greetings, from a recent So. Cal transplant (but please don't hold that against me!)

Having just relocated to Raleigh, I was glad to find a listserv like this to do my lurking...  We have a similar listserv in the LA area, which was a source of both info and entertainment. So far, Internetworkers seems to deliver on both, too.

So I'll venture out with a simple question: Any recommendations for internet faxing services?

For the past year or two, I've used efax's free service. Not a local #, but great to be able to receive faxes via email while I travel. However -- yesterday I received the inevitable message that says certain numbers (of which mine is one) can no longer be supported free of charge. I must either upgrade (read: pay) or lose the service. I'd rather not lose the convenience of internet faxes, but do I really need to pay? I immediately went to jconnect (formerly jfax), which appears to still offer a free service. Anyone had experience with them? Any others I should consider? Since I'm changing all of my contact info. anyway, changing a fax number won't be too terrible.

Thanks for your thoughts. Have a great holiday weekend!
(I'm looking forward to my inaugural visit to the NC coast - where I hear the water is *much warmer* than that other coast..)

Amy

Amy C. Buehrle, RD
~ an online career center for food & nutrition professionals

Professional Health Connection
PMB 657, PO Box 7000
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
(310) 944-9405 - office