internetworkers - [TriLUG-Announce] First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek (fwd)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: "LUG@NCSU" <lug AT lists.ncsu.edu>, InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Duke Linux Users Group <dulug AT dulug.duke.edu>
  • Subject: [TriLUG-Announce] First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek (fwd)
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:41:31 -0400 (EDT)

The Triangle area Linux Users Group is happy to announce the
first annual TriLUG Eat and Geek!

On Saturday, May 26 (Memorial Day weekend) starting around noon,
TriLUG will be hosting a get together where food, festivities,
and free software will be in abundance!

The eat part:
We'll have plenty of bar-b-que and drinks to go around. More
details as to -who- will be providing the food is forth-coming.
The most likely candidate is Red Hot and Blue. Whoever it is,
we promise it will be tasty and plentiful!

The geek part:
We'll be hosting an installfest during the event. Highly trained
professionals (well, okay, volunteers who know what they're doing)
will be on-hand to help install your distribution of choice.
Bring in your own discs, or use cds from the TriLUG library.
And if you're worried about having to loose that nasty Windows
partition that you use to play games, don't! Our fearless
volunteers can re-size your partition to free up space for the
installation of a dual-boot system.

And, of course, no large gathering of geeks would be complete
without a LAN party. Current plans include Quake and Unreal
Tournament games available to all!

NeTraverse will be providing an extra treat: demo copies of
their latest version of Win4Lin. They'll also help out with
installation!

What to bring:
Yourself, your appetite, your computer, and your family (though,
your family might be somewhat annoyed by your priorities).
Monitors, keyboards, mice, and network cables will be provided,
though you're certainly welcome to bring your own.

Directions:
Take the Beltline (440) to Six Forks
Go North on Six Forks about 4 miles (its really less, but the
staggering number of stop lights make it seems like so much more...)
Turn Right on Newton Rd (after the Wendy's and before the shopping
center - Celebration at Six Forks)
After a quarter of a mile turn Right into the Newton Technology Center
and you are there!
Look for signs to the bar-b-que!
The address (Mapquest pulls it up just fine):
HAHT Commerce
400 Newton Rd.
Raleigh NC 27615

Sponsors:
TriLUG
HAHT Software - providing the space
NeTraverse - footing the bill for the food and drinks

We hope to see you there!

  • [TriLUG-Announce] First Annual TriLUG Eat and Geek (fwd), Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney, 05/22/2001