internetworkers - Re: Geek-nic planning posse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Geek-nic planning posse
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 10:47:50 -0400

I as well. Called LakeCrabtree and got the following dates:

50 person: June 16th, 30th, July 14th, July 21st
100 person: July 1st, July 22nd

Shelters are more available on weekdays if we wanted
to take advantage of a long summer afternoon.

They are pretty definite on their numbers -- they don't like
to see 100 people crowding in to a 50 person shelter, and when
we talked to them last year they threatened to oust us if we
went much over 50. But maybe we just require RSVPs, make a list
on a first come, first serve basis, and those without RSVPs
are "just hanging out at the park" and aren't "officially" at the
Internetworkers picnic?

Or maybe we wait until July and get the 100 person shelter?

This same issue drove us to Jordan Lake last year and I'd really
prefer to do Crabtree this year... esp. b/c of the Nazi rangers that turned
half of our crowd away...

InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> wrote:
> I would like to help out as well.

David

-------------------------------
David Minton - Managing Partner
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC
www.designhammer.com

On 5/7/01 10:42 PM, "Thomas Beckett" wrote:

> Okay, how about we form a little sub-committee for deciding on a picnic
> site and date? We can also work on organizing the basic foodstuffs and
> soliciting some sponsorship. That method worked well last year.
>
> Who's interested? Reply to the list and then we'll email off-list to
> get organized. Thanks.
>
> TaB

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: dminton AT mindspring.com
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT mindspring.com