internetworkers - May INW -- Mug Shots on 9th Street, Durham -- Bring a Friend!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: May INW -- Mug Shots on 9th Street, Durham -- Bring a Friend!
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:05:19 -0400

Spring is (occasionally) here! InterNetWorkers are gathering /al fresco/ at Mug Shots on 9th Street in Durham. Whether you're just laid off or hanging in there, come quaff a cool one on the deck behind this new bar in Durham's mellow neighborhood street scene. This month, bring a friend or co-worker (or former coworker) along with you.

When: Thursday, May 3rd -- 7:00 p.m.

What: InterNetWorkers May Gathering
Where: Mug Shots
746 9th Street, Durham
416-8595
Why: Because an entire industry down the crapper is no reason to pass up a drinking opportunity!

Seems like every week brings another round of layoffs someplace, lately, and a lot of InterNetWorkers in particular are out on the streets. That's all the more reason to come out and be with folks, relax for a while and find out what's going on. Misery loves company: if you're miserable, come for the company; if you're still employed, come /be/ the company. Better still, bring someone new to InterNetWorkers to keep our community growing.

Mug Shots is a new bar and restaurant in Durham with a nice big deck out the back. The menu looks great and Francesca's is just down the street for afterwards. (It's in the space formerly occupied by "The Kelt", if anyone's wondering.) Ample parking on the street and in the public lot across the street and on Iredell Street just behind.

Map: "http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/share?s1te3do648tdj8zq";

If you're coming, please RSVP to me so I can give the owner a headcount. thomas AT tbeckett.com

We look forward to seeing y'all next week!

Thomas Beckett

  • May INW -- Mug Shots on 9th Street, Durham -- Bring a Friend!, Thomas, 04/25/2001