internetworkers - Re: Piedmont Farm Tour

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Diana Duncan" <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Piedmont Farm Tour
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:27:52 -0400

Diana M Kurilecz said

<snip>
> The Piedmont Farm Tour is this weekend, from 1-5pm. I went to two farm
> stores yesterday.
>
> The Maple View Farm Country Store is at 6900 Rocky Ridge Road in
> Hillsborough {http://mapleviewfarm.com/}. You've probably seen their milk
> in glass bottles at local shops. Milk (heck, all liquids!) tastes better
in
> cold glass bottles. My only peeve is that all the milk they sell is
> homogenized; if you know of a local source for non-homogenized milk, tell
> me.
</snip>

Diane,

Are you sure their milk is homogenized? It certainly doesn't say so on the
bottle, and I believe (although I may be wrong) that labelling guidelines
require it to be mentioned. I just went and checked and the bottle just
says "Pasteurized".

Anyway, I must say that ever since we started buying Maple View milk,
Craig's stomach has been much happier. He used to keep the people who make
Tums and Pepcid AC in business. Now, we just drinks milk. It was my
impression that the non-homogenization of the milk was the reason, but maybe
not?

Diana