internetworkers - Re: VIRUS ALERT

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: VIRUS ALERT
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:34:38 -0500

on Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 10:21:59PM -0500, saundrakaerubel.com wrote:
> be on the look out for an email with this subject header:
> Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!
>
> inside is a midgets.scr file DO NOT OPEN
> IMMEDIATELY DELETE

Please, people - when you're trying to incite a virus scare, at least
provide some documentation.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.hybris.gen.html

I've been getting these for several weeks at my dhtml-guis.com address,
and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop them short of
filtering on "Snow White" in the Subject and rejecting the messages at
the sendmail level. It's an annoying little beast. Wish I knew why it
was targeting my dhtml-guis.com address, but I'm glad that's the only
place I've been getting it (for the most part, anyway).

tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: http://www.hesketh.com/careers/

  • VIRUS ALERT, saundrakaerubel.com, 01/03/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: VIRUS ALERT, Steven Champeon, 01/03/2001