internetworkers - Re: need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: kirk schmidt <kschmidt AT netphoenix.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 12:44:11 -0500

for a while, pc people could not read my mac word documents simply
because i had not added the ".doc" extension to the files. as far as
compressing, i use dropstuff
(http://www.aladdinsys.com/dropstuff/index.html), which works great
in conjunction with stuffit expander.

Aladdin now makes a free download called DropZip which works like
DropStuff but is better for sending files from Mac to PC.

I agree that Mac users should first and foremost never forget to add
the correct 3 letter extension... Mac Word does not have an option to export,
and will not save as a pdf which is the ideal cross platform format.  If adding
the 3 letter extension does not help (and trying the extension + compression
also fails), you'd probably have to save as RTF...

capnK

  • Re: need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user, kirk schmidt, 01/03/2001