internetworkers - food drive, call for recipies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: food drive, call for recipies
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:05:56 -0500

The two InterNetWorkers events last week scored a couple of cartons
full of good food for the Food Bank of North Carolina. We owe our
thanks to everyone who brought something from their pantry to donate.
Thanks, too, to the Vertigo Diner which got into the spirit and donated
a goodly number of cans from their own shelves.

I really enjoyed both gatherings myself. Vertigo is such a cool place
to be and all the InterNetWorkers hanging out there made it truly the
hippest place in town that night.

The Pick-A-Theme Potluck was a big success, too. Folks brought some
mightly good food for all of us to munch on. My personal favorite item
was the cheese ball. I used to think that cheese balls -- you know the
kind, rolled in chopped nuts -- was oh so sixties and boring. Not
anymore. This cheese ball was deadly addictive.

And so, I'd like to try to coax the Cheese Ball recipe out of the
person who brought it. You know who you are. Will you please share it
with everyone. Do it for the sake of us now suffering through
withdrawal symptoms....

There are other great dishes folks brought, so if you'd also like to
share your recipe here, I think you dern well ought to. If we get
enough recipes, maybe we can even create a page on the INW site for
them.

Thanks!

TaB