internetworkers - Scient closes 2 offices and lays off employees

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Dallas Anne Smith" <sallad AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Scient closes 2 offices and lays off employees
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:52:08 -0500

Well,
Since you guys were so helpful in giving me advice when I went to NY for
my Scient interview, I thought I'd just keep you updated. Supposedly they
are closing their Silicon Valley and Austin, Texas offices and laying off
480 people. Not sure where they are going from here, but maybe this is just
a sign that I'm supposed to stay in the Triangle when I graduate. Then I
could at least start coming to Internetworker meetings again. I haven't
heard an answer from them yet, but I'm sure this is going to affect how many
new grads they hire, even my recruiter was laid-off.

Here's the article:
http://news.excite.com/news/r/001207/15/tech-scient-stocks

Dallas

Dallas Anne Smith AIM: BusChic71
http://www.unc.edu/~sallad ICQ: 8707833

  • Scient closes 2 offices and lays off employees, Dallas Anne Smith, 12/08/2000