internetworkers - Re: positions open --> Job Board

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: positions open --> Job Board
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:09:22 -0500

We're thinking about rigging it so that when
a post is made to the jobboard, an email is
automatically sent to the discussion group.
The subject lines of such messages would be
of the form:

[internetworkers] JOB: It Service Assurance Director, FullSeven

so that they can be easily filtered by those
who don't wish to receive job postings. (This
has been a contentious issue in the past,
and may still be.)

The body of the message would contain a
description and a link to the web site.

Thoughts?

InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> wrote:
> Don -

You should also post your opens positions on the InterNetWorkers Job
Board.
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/jobboard/index.php3

We hope the Job Board will become a neutral-turf resource for members
and the local IT community.

TaB

Don Rua wrote:

> FullSeven Technologies recently received Series A funding, and is looking
> for a web designer and IT person. I read this newsletter every day, and
> thought I'd start my search 'in house' instead of dealing with the
> recruiters. If this is inappropriate, please advise. ---don rua, CEO
> drua AT fullseven.com
>
> Web Designer
>
> Candidate sets tone, look and feel, creative direction, design standards
> for:
> ¨ Public web site for business purposes
> ¨ Interface design for production web based applications
> ¨ Web graphics for fullseven customers
> Skills
> ¨ Dreamweaver or FrontPage, Flash, Fireworks or Illustrator,
> Photoshop,
> HTML, DHTML
> Pluses
> ¨ Director
> ¨ PHP/ASP/JSP programming
> ¨ Traditional print skills and ability to lay out print material
> Experience
> ¨ Four year degree in Design preferred
> ¨ Minimum two years design experience with one year minimum in web
> graphic
> design
> ¨ must be ready to provide electronic portfolio on request
>
> IT Service Assurance Director
>
> Needed skills
> 1. Windows NT/2000 with IIS system administration, load balancing,
> clustering
> 2. Firewall configuration and general security policies, intrusion
> detection
> and defense policy
> 3. Lan and IP network configuration
> 4. Veritas backup and restore systems
> 5. BMC Patrol
> 6. WebTrends
> 7. Apache web server and Linux a plus
> 8. Network Management experience desirable
> Responsibilities
> The team lead will have responsibility for 24x7 up time, back up, fail over
> in a professional web hosting environment. Candidate can anticipate and
> schedule hardware upgrades, lead teams in implementing equipment at a data
> hosting facility, project management, software version upgrade management.
> Professional will have responsibility over quality product delivery and
> support that comprises the public face of fullseven to its customers.

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT mindspring.com

  • positions open --> Job Board, Thomas A. Beckett, 11/09/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: positions open --> Job Board, mdthomas, 11/10/2000