internetworkers - BoA

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: BoA
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:37:25 -0400

"Acipa Media Inc." wrote:
> I went into bank of America to deposit a check. I still go into the bank to
> do everything because as a wee lad my Dad dispensed some wisdom and said,
> "Always go into the bank to do your banking. This way they get to know you
> if you ever need that extra service."

Except from BoA, right? You learned that one the hard way?

So did you keep the deposit slip from that transaction? You can take
that and have them correct the deposit.

> Well I didn't get upset because we discovered what happened and surly BoA
> would refund the charges for the mistake.

I'm sure you meant "surely" there, but their behavior to you certainly
was "surly".

So let's recap the Bank of America situation: they don't give good
service to people who don't have an account with them because they
reserve special treatment for their customers; they don't give good
service to people who /do/ have an account with them because if they
did, they'd have to give it to /all/ of their customers. Am I going to
bank there? I'd rather stuff my savings in my mattress.

TaB

  • BoA, Thomas A. Beckett, 10/02/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: BoA, Austin, Roger, 10/02/2000