internetworkers - Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:23:46 -0400

At 02:52 PM 9/19/00 -0400, K. Jo Garner wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Rachel Cox wrote:
[snip]
>Boy, Rachel, you sure sound like one hell of a snobbish elitist.

Heh. Do I? Gosh, I'm sorry. I meant to sound like someone
who wants voters who care about the issues. Or is that too
elitist?

I mean,
>I'm sure you know everything about every issue, mind.

I'm not asking *anyone* to know everything about every issue,
and it strikes me as disingenuous for you to suggest I was;
it's be three or four full-time jobs, as you must well know.
I *would* like them to care about them, and make the attempt
to find out something about some of them. I don't think that's
a lot to ask of someone who's going to be casting a vote on them.

You're free to fight for a country run by uninformed, apathetic
voters, but I don't think it's a good idea. Of course, you and
I have yet to see eye-to-eye on anything that I'm aware of, so
that we disagree on this as well doesn't come as much of a shock.
Indeed, I'm fairly confident that if we ever *do* agree, we'll
probably both be tempted to reexamine our positions.

Cheers!
-Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
512 Brickhaven Drive, Suite 260 | Raleigh, NC 27606
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/