internetworkers - area grocers (Was: Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: area grocers (Was: Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:02:59 -0400

At 12:43 PM 9/11/00 -0400, Austin, Roger wrote:
> Wellspring is a fancy-pants grocer in the Triangle area. There are a
>lot of pierced baggers with ethnic hats.

Fresh Market. Go to the Fresh Market for meat, fish, good bread,
produce, chic beer, certain bulk items, and coffee beans. If you're
near Atlantic Springs Road in Raleigh, try beans from Tradewinds
Coffee Company, too (or tea, which they also carry). For wine,
The Wine Merchant at Ridgewood Shopping Center (perilously close
to Wellspring, I warn you), especially if you want some help making
a selection. I went there to stock up for a New Year's party once
and asked for good wine at a "reasonable" price; they hooked me up
with an awesome red that was under $6 a bottle, a white for under
$7, and a lovely sparkling wine for about $8. The only time they've
let me down was about three days before Christmas - I think I got
stuck with one of the temporary holiday employees. Yuck. But other
than that, I've had only good experiences there. Oh - and while
you're there (preferably before you put the perishables in the
hot car) check out Quail Ridge Books. Woefully short on books
for our industry, but *great* kids section, solid literature
selection, good mystery section - good browsing. Support your
local independent bookseller. :)

Cheers!
-Rachel

Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
512 Brickhaven Drive, Suite 260 | Raleigh NC, 27606
http://www.hesketh.com/