internetworkers - September gathering - Tyler's in Carrboro

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: inet-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: September gathering - Tyler's in Carrboro
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:39:45 -0400

This month InterNetWorkers returns to it's roots at Tyler's of
Carrboro. This was where we had the first big gathering, and Tyler is
looking forward to seeing all of us again.

What: Triangle InterNetWorkers September Gathering
When: Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: Tyler's Speakeasy
102 East Main Street, Carrboro
919-929-6881
Why: Because it's Carrboro!

Tyler hasn't been idle since we saw him last. He recently opened a
new
room, The Speakeasy, in the back of his place. Tyler's Speakeasy
features pool tables, a full bar, and comfy seating options. And he's
setting aside plenty of tables in the main room for folks who want to
sit down and have a nice dinner. So come gather with your fellow
InterNetWorkers in Carrboro for good food, good people, and to catch up
on what's going on around the Triangle.

As usual, please RSVP by reply to me, so we can tell Tyler how many
people to expect.

Directions: Find your way to Chapel Hill. Proceed West on Franklin
Street until you get to the 5-directions intersection at Merritt Mill
Road (in front of Crook's Corner). Follow the main road as it bears off
to the right in an S-curve. After the S-curve, you will find yourself
on Main Street in Carrboro. Stay in the left lane. You will cross some
railroad tracks and meet a fork in the road with the Armadillo Grill
ahead on your left and Carr Mill Mall ahead on your right. Take the
left fork, which continues to be Main Street. Tyler's is on the left,
the second-to-last door before you get to the next traffic light (for
Greensboro Street). If you cross Greensboro Street, you've gone too
far.

Parking: There is ample public parking in Carrboro. One municipal
lot
is to the immediate left at the light just past the railroad tracks
(turn left onto Roberson Street and left again into the lot -- across
Roberson from Armadillo Grill). Another municipal lot is just off of
Greensboro Street: just past Tyler's turn left onto Greensboro and turn
right into the town parking lot. There is also some parking behind
Tyler's and behind the Bank of America. Tyler's is now fully-accessible
for disabled folks.

See you there!

Thomas Beckett