internetworkers - the slippery slope of hyperlinks

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joanna Wolfe (919)677-0977" <wolfe AT oup-usa.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: the slippery slope of hyperlinks
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:57:11 -0400 (EDT)

So there I was trying to get some information on
FutureTense, so I do a google seach that sends me to:

www.gettingit.com

(which from the link information, appears to use
FutureTense for online publishing)

so after reading the diatribe on the Democratic Convention
and Rage Against the Machine, my favorite quote from the
article:

"Though I've never been a huge Rage fan (I find
some hypocrisy in a Sony-employed group rallying
against capitalism)..."

I decide to check out the other equally jaded and
misogynistic articles, since I got sucked in on
Survivor and Big Brother I go to:

http://www.gettingit.com/dont_forget_to_flush.shtml

Only to find a link to:

http://www.cluetrain.com/

which is the bedside reading that I've been missing of late.
But as I dug further into the web that declared:

"However, employees are getting hyperlinked even as markets are.
Companies need to listen carefully to both. Mostly, they need to get out
of the way so intranetworked employees can converse directly with
internetworked markets.

Corporate firewalls have kept smart employees in and smart markets
out. It's going to cause real pain to tear those walls down. But the result
will be a new kind of conversation. And it will be the most exciting
conversation business has ever engaged in."

I ended up on a page linked to Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com

Hmmm, what's wrong with this picture.

Oh well, if you are in the mood for a bit of anarchy and mayhem,
start clicking around - you never know where you may end up.

Regards,

Joanna

Joanna Wolfe
Technical Support Manager
Oxford University Press, USA
2001 Evans Road
Cary, NC 27513
v: (919) 677-0977 ext. 5242
f: (919) 677-2654
c: (919) 244-7696
e: wolfe AT oup-usa.org
w: www.oup-usa.org
Standard disclaimers apply, my opinions (mine, all mine!)

  • the slippery slope of hyperlinks, Joanna Wolfe (919)677-0977, 08/26/2000