internetworkers - Go daddyo Go

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: kirklimon <kirklimon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Go daddyo Go
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:53:38 +0800

Where exactly on Franklin St. is the Silk Road?

Silk Road Tea House is right next the the Carolina Brewery.

I must submit my 2 cents now that i'm back from New Mexico and Colorado.
I have played go upwards of 50 or 60 times...  i am a patient beginner who has
been schooled a bit.  I have to admit it's been a while since i've played, since my
friend who I used to play moved out of town, and it's hard for me to go to the
Tea House these days.  I have a board of my own, but I can't remember
what my rank would be.  Handicaps aren't too hard to figure out though.
Silk Road is a good place to watch some games, and can be a good place
to play if other neophytes are present.  When I used to go, there were several
players who were very good and patient enough to play and teach novices
such as myself.  Definitely the place to go...  there also used to be gatherings
in Durham around 9th street if i remember correctly.

kirk schmidt

  • Go daddyo Go, kirklimon, 08/14/2000