internetworkers - Re: Cel Phone Providers?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Stonham" <jmstonham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Cel Phone Providers?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:53:24 GMT

Iv'e been shopping arround, but can't make up my mind. WHat's the >general concensus on Local Cel phone providers? I know I need coverage >in Cary, Apex, Carrboro, Sanford, RTP, and most of Eastern Chatham.

Anyone have any favorable reviews? Bad reviews? Anyone even tried the >new Web Phones?

Kevin:

I've had a Samsung SCH-3500 for about six months now (via Sprint), and it is a great phone. I pay a flat $75 a month for 1000 minutes of local *and* long-distance anytime calling. The service in the Triangle area is great, as well as in CA, Chicago, Seattle, and Washington, DC (the primary areas I travel).

Currently, the phone sells for $149, but I often see rebate deals (at Best Buy, for example) that'll knock another $30 off.

This phone is Web-capable, and it has a number of neat features (such as voice dialing; I say my wife's name, and the phone calls her!).

If you're looking for a great, all-around package, I recommend this phone and service plan.

JMS