internetworkers - Re: Opera

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Opera
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:16:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> So what do y'all Web design geeks think of the Opera browser? Worth
> paying for? http://www.opera.com/ They claim to be
> standards-compliant. Is that really so important?

Heh. Thomas, you make such a transparent troll ;)

Of course standards are important, as is compliance with them. For more
info on what some of us are doing to fight for standards compliance, see

http://www.webstandards.org

As for Opera, I think it's great - if only to prove to the Big Two that
it's possible to implement standards without producing massively bloated
applications that do all but check the turkey on Thanksgiving.

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>

  • Opera, Thomas Beckett, 06/07/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Opera, Steven Champeon, 06/07/2000