internetworkers - RE: Being a Member, as it were

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Being a Member, as it were
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:38:28 -0400

I think Dykki nailed the answer. We should ask everyone to participate.
That's all. I don't want this to be a "Good Ol' Boys" group and I believe
that most of you share my feelings on this. So ask every people regardless
of what you think that they can benefit from it or not.

<story>
I was sitting with one of my favorite magicians, David Williamson, at a
conference years ago. I was doing bar magic at the time. Anyway, I asked
him how he picks who is going to perform for next. He said that he didn't;
he asks everyone. He relayed a story about when he use to pick and he left
an old couple out of the show. Well, after the performance he bump into
them in the restaurant and started a conversation that totally changed him.
Point: You don't know who can benefit until you ask.

That's how I get people to shows. Sometimes I get great results and other
times it bombs. But I still ask everyone.
</story>

So go out and spread the inclusion virus. It's a healthy one to have.

Uzoma