internetworkers - Re: FW: [Critical Mass] Critical Mass - hold the date

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FW: [Critical Mass] Critical Mass - hold the date
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:19:23 -0400

At 12:11 PM 5/19/00 -0400, K. Jo Garner wrote:
>On Fri, 19 May 2000, Scot Wingo wrote:
>->
>->FYI, there's a group called critical mass that some Internetworkers may be
>->interested in.
>
>I think it's crap to take a name that has already been in use for many
>years as a pro-bike/mass transport

Just outta curiosity, do you have *reason* to suppose they
intended to take the name, or are you ascribing malice where
there's only coincidence? The term "critical mass" isn't
exactly arcane, y'know, and is at least as appropriate for
this group as a mass transit activist group.

>(and nationwide) to use as a forum for "the best young minds" (read: how
>can we convince them that stock options are mandatory? getting the most
>for doing the least - and - it's on your resume, now how do you do it?).

Why does "best young minds" read that way to you? I've not
had experience with the group, but nothing that I saw on
the list info site or heard here (or anywhere) has led me
to suppose your tone is justified. What's the deal?

-Rachel
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/
Rachel Cox | voice: 919.834.2552 x16 | http://www.hesketh.com