internetworkers - Re: Digital Divide conference this weekend

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tengu typed, not" <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Digital Divide conference this weekend
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:50:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Laura Newberg typed:
I normally would attend, however family has its priorities
<hack>
However would love for someone to forward any information to me on this
issue, I plan on covering it for IT. Anyone willing to forward me specific
details?

< I too would like to attend, but I'm a misanthrope with a low tolerance
for political bull. Is anyone planning on attending with a video or
audio recording device? I'll watch and/or listen to what I won't
attend, as life has no fast-forward button. If the meeting's
minutes are being recorded, those would be adequate, if less satisfying.

tengu,
who grew up po' but wired through a Chicagoland BBS.
---
We are told that, in the age of multiple postal deliveries, the Victorians
exchanged several, perhaps dozens of letters each day. How interesting to
think that the advent of electronic mail has afforded us a glimpse of how
meaningless, empty and desperate those exchanges must have been.

  • Re: Digital Divide conference this weekend, tengu typed, not, 04/13/2000