internetworkers - Players Retreat redux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Players Retreat redux
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:14:22 -0400

I just wanted to say that I had a great time at Player's Retreat last
night. We had a goodly turnout of really cool people. It was great to
meet a lot of new folks, in addition to the usual suspects who haunt our
gatherings.

I was a little perturbed at first that the PR people had scheduled a
happy hour for the Wake County Bar Association at the same time. But it
was just a mixup on their part, and we were still able to squeeze in and
have a good time. Most of the lawyers left before too long. Violence
was averted. :)

I glimped Uzi having an animated conversation with one clump of
lawyers
there, but he slipped away before I could snap a picture of him.
Looking for investors, Uz? Linda Watson was toting her Big Box of
Resumes, and evidently not having much trouble finding resumes to fill
it with.

The beer was plentiful and the conversations intense. The food was
well, I don't go to these things for the food. No heartburn at least,
despite 1) The Bernie Burger & Fries, 2) the Slim Jim from Dave Matusiak
(who was handing the things out in celebration of his new job at
InterLAN -- congratulations Dave!), and 3) the Krispy Kreme doughnuts I
had afterwards.

In sum, it was a terrific evening. Hope everyone else had as much fun
as I did. Maybe we'll see some photos posted soon. I took some
myself.

TaB

  • Players Retreat redux, Thomas Beckett, 04/07/2000