internetworkers - Re: Internetaqatsi

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Internetaqatsi
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:07:32 -0500

>>If that's off-topic, then
>>what exactly is *on* topic here?

>*That* is a secret :)

The topic is discussing the topic, of course :-)

I'll give this question a shot -- to quote
Rachel, the list is about "building community."
Our gatherings, on the other hand, are simply about
drinking beer... It's hard to drink a beer on an
email list, but I'm working on it :-)

Seriously though, could we call the topic "sharing
info, thoughts and opinions among Internet professionals
living and working in the Triangle?"

I'd also like to take this chance to encourage people
to make community related posts -- if you know of a
cool concert, good charitable cause, new restaurant,
cool park, etc, then post it! This helps all of us
discover our area and thus make it more livable.

(But I'm never giving away my super-secret-back way to
get in to the Crabtree Valley Mall parking deck.... :-)