internetworkers - Re: Will Fed Web Site Standards apply to your personal site?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Will Fed Web Site Standards apply to your personal site?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:44:16 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, B Holroyd wrote:
> I can see _encouraging_ making private and personal sites accessible, but
> _requiring_ it? Guidelines, ok; regulations, nah.

Agreed. But, hey - don't worry - how would they enforce it, anyway?
There's no reliable way to determine whether a site is in the US or not
anyway, so even if they could mass-validate everything and send out
email reports, how to connect a given site to its owners? Whois data?
>From there, how do they enforce it?

That's ludicrous.
Steve