internetworkers - Re: next gathering options

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: next gathering options
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:43:40 -0500

uzoma nwosu wrote:
> 1) The Artist Escape - lots of couches--and art! They some food, and
> alcohol.

I haven't been there, but it's an appealing place from the outside.
Seems conducive to lounging and schmoozing.

> 2) The Hideaway (formally Havana) - It's larger and not as fancy but a less
> pretentious crowd.

Is this place owned by the same folks that run the longtime graduate
student haunt of the same name at Duke?

> 3) The Carolina Brewery - I (UN) personally think that the group is getting
> big enough to take the top floor without a hitch

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of taking over
their top floor. There's enough space there, and part of it is glassed
off, so it might be a wee bit quieter. The first INW gathering took
place there...

> 4) Tyler's - I have heard people mention this spot again on several
> occasions.

I really like Tyler's, but when I take a hard look at it, it is very
noisy there and a little hard to navigate for a group like ours.

TaB