internetworkers - Re: Thursday's meeting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Thursday's meeting
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 22:05:48 -0500

"Douglas C. Nelson" wrote:
> Sounds like one hell of a meeting, sorry i missed it, anyone care to
> re-live the moment and offer up a play-by-play of the evening?

Fire and fisticuffs aside, it was indeed quite a pleasant time. At
the
risk of being immodest, we dominated that bar for the evening. However,
I resisted my structuralist impulses to a) bring in a yellow pad and get
people to sign in and b) count heads. So I can't tell you how many
people showed, other than it was a lot more than the 27 who actually
RSVP'd.

The floorplan at the Lounge seemed to be a bit more conducive to
mixing
and mingling and social osmosis than some of the other places we've
been. And all the sofas in the front of the place was definitely
conducive to high-spirited interplay. We ought to add sofas to our
criteria for future venues. And other than when the band was doing its
soundcheck, it didn't seem too loud for conversation.

Does anyone else have a trenchant observation or three about the
Lounge? I'd like to go back there sometime later this year.

Tom