internetworkers - Snowed in [was Re: I'M FREE!! I'M FREE!!!]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carrie Jamrogowicz <carrie AT merciless.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Snowed in [was Re: I'M FREE!! I'M FREE!!!]
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:29:02 -0500

"Acipa Media Inc." wrote:

> I was finally able to dig my car out.
>
> That wasn't the hard part. Getting up that steep hill without buying
> a new transmission was the bear.
>
> That spinning tire sounds like burnt transmission and money to me.
>
> So I was able to dig out and negotiate the hill with minimal spinning.
>
> Anyone else still trapped?
>
> Steve Steele

Erm, me. I live off of Dixie Trail, towards Five Points, north of Wade
Ave. Yet to see a plow, though the SUVs are doing a nice job of packing
all the snow into a 3" layer of ice on the roads. My car failed
inspection a couple of weeks ago due to balding front tires, and I
haven't had a chance to get them replaced yet, so I don't think I'm
going anywhere anytime soon.

At least my 1.1Mbps SDSL came back up on Tuesday, so with that and my
new voice recognition software I am able to keep myself moderately
amused.

-Carrie