internetworkers - Re: holi-daze

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: user <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: holi-daze
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:50:26 -0500 (EST)

Folks,
I am so hip. Driade is a bit small, my vote is for the Silk Road. I
shan't recall how many times I've been disturbed at the signal-to-noise
ratio at our venues. Come spring, how about a nearby glen? One covered
by cell, certainly.
Bah humbug,
tengu.
---
Beware the barrenness of a busy life. -- Socrates

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, the "Thomas Beckett" unit typed:
Y'know, since a lot of us are about holidayed-out, how about if we get
together in some cozy place like a coffeehouse, for coffee or cocoa,
rather than beer? Have a quiet time for chatting rather than shouting
over some sound system.
There's a number of possible locations. In Chapel Hill there's Caffe
Driade, Caribou Coffee and (if you want to get really earthy-crunchy)
Silk Road Teahouse.
Tom