internetworkers - meeting nights

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: meeting nights
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:02:14 -0500

I've brought this up before, but if we *were* to meet on the same day
each month, what would be the best night to do it? My thought processes
as follows:

Monday, Friday -- Forget it.
Tuesday -- still too early in the week.
Wednesday & Thursday -- Acceptable, I personally prefer Thursdays.

As for which week of the month, I consulted Steve Burnett's user group
calendar page:
http://webslingerz.com/sburnett/triangle/groups.html#calendar

The least conflicts seem to be on the First & Third Wednesdays &
Thursdays.

Any other rationale to be injected into this process?

Tom

P.S. I also see the Pattern Language Users Group on the fourth
Thursday, which is intriguing. Evidently applying Christopher
Alexander's "A Pattern Language" to computers. Can anyone fill me in
further on the group?