internetworkers - Re: Apres Greenshields

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel.cox AT interpath.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Apres Greenshields
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:58:01 -0400

Thomas Beckett wrote:
[snip]
> Some folks were overheard to say that other places in Raleigh,
> perhaps
> outside of the beltline, might be more convenient. From this corner of
> the Triangle (Chapel Hill) I cringe at the thought of North Raleigh
> being *more convenient*. Can it be so?

Heh. Well, it's a lot more convenient for little me than the Chapel
Hill corner of the Triangle is. Let's face it - the middle ground
around here is pretty sparse; some folks are going to have to drive
a ways no matter where we meet, so maybe rotating cities is an idea.

As for places that as close to a midpoint as I'm personally familar
with... at Ridgewood (Wade Avenue and Ridge Road near the Beltline),
there's Tripps restaurant, which isn't bad, and a pool hall/bar
called Snooker's which is pretty fun (but it doesn't serve dinner).
Near Gypsy's Shiny Diner and Crossroads Ford is a place called
Babineaus - also a pool hall kinda place, but with more food and
a slightly more upscale ambience than Snookers. Also at Crossroads
Mall is Hoolihan's, which is reasonably good, and I *think* that the
Macaroni Grill isn't too far away, but I can't get Triangle City
Search to respond so I'm not altogether sure.

For me, the big issue is less "how far is it?" and more "how hard
is it to find for directionally impaired people like me, and does
it have good parking?" (parallel parking is not good parking, by
the way).

Thoughts?

Cheers!
-Rachel

Rachel Cox | rachel.cox AT interpath.net
Web Developer | 919.253.5965
Interpath Communications | http://www.interpath.net