internetworkers - Re: most massive internet concentration moves to DC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Parker <vividp AT btitelecom.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: most massive internet concentration moves to DC
  • Date: hu, 14 Oct 1999 15:11:54 -0400

David Wagoner wrote:

> Let us not forget Austin, TX, recently dubbed the "Hilly Silicon Valley"
> >for it's surrounding landscape. Dallas is also booming with IT companies
> >that wish to tap into it's "Telecommunications Corridor". Why Texas you
> >might ask? Lots of land, a hell of a lot cheaper than CA, and best of
> >all- no state income tax!

It seems to me that the list of places that are, or are destined to
become, "the next Silicon Valley" changes every year. Given the way the
Internet has shrunk the world--as shown by hesketh.com's list of
clients--does it matter where we are located? As long as I have all the
appropriate technology available to me, couldn't I make a name for
myself working out of Cletusville, Alabama?

--Dave P.