internetworkers - Re: the triangle as startup-friendly region

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel.cox AT interpath.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: the triangle as startup-friendly region
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:56:51 -0400

Bill Gargan wrote:
[snip]
> Nobody owes the Triangle anything. It's just a place with people in it,
> like everywhere
> else. I suggest we stop waiting and whining for what we think we deserve
> and go get what
> we can.

Yes indeedy - and not just WRT startups and venture capital. I'm
very excited about the prospect of encouraging local firms to use
local Web and Internet services agencies rather than shipping all
their work off to DC, Atlanta, and NYC. For one thing, I don't
especially want to move to DC, Atlanta, or NYC, lovely cities
though they all are. The more support there is for local talent,
the better my chances of both staying here *and* continuing down
my preferred career path.

On another topic, I heard a rumor that the next meeting of this
crew is a week from tonight at Greenshields. Has a time been set?
And for those of us who only know about two people on this list,
is there a password or a secret handshake or something to let me
know I didn't just join a group of investment bankers who only
look like internetworkers?

Cheers, y'all!
-Rachel

Rachel Cox | rachel.cox AT interpath.net
Web Developer | 919.253.5965
Interpath Communications | http://www.interpath.net